Thursday, March 19, 2009

Killer Tracks: Fever Ray vs. The Knife

Karin Dreijer Andersson, the singer of outlandish Swedish electro duo The Knife, is about to release her debut solo album under the name Fever Ray. "When I grow up", the second single off the album, is one of those rare tracks that is simply impossible to comprehend initially and yet something compells you to go back to it again and again. After two or three listens I still couldn't make up my mind if I liked it or not, but after a while it was impossible not to admit that I was simply hooked. Dark and beautifully irrational like the best of David Lynch's films, the song is accompanied by a similarly haunting video. Repeated watching is advised:



A good opportunity to remember another highlight of Karin's unique musical output, the track "We share our mother's health" - one of the best singles of 2006. It is taken from The Knife's last album so far, "Silent shout":



Link: http://feverray.com/

No comments: