Saturday, December 12, 2009

The Top 20 Albums of the '00s: Number 9

The Fall - The Unutterable (2000, Eagle)



What can I say about The Fall? My all-time favorite band, with at least one album present in every decade's Top 10 list I have ever compiled. "Live At The Witch Trials" in the '70s, almost everything they released in the '80s with "Perverted By Language" and "This Nation's Saving Grace" leading the way, "Extricate" in the '90s (an updated list is forthcoming in the new year at Cool Music Database) and now "The Unutterable" in the '00s (with "Fall Heads Roll" the close second). A new album is expected in 2010 and I would bet there's a good chance that The Fall (or should I say Mark E Smith and your granny on bongos?) will be present in my '10s Top 10 as well, "proliferating across the earth" for a fifth decade! Check out our 2000 review here and read more about our number 9 selection at this AllMusic review.


 

The Fall -Theme From Sparta FC

1 comment:

indictos said...

Τα σέβη μου!